Security is important to many people, in multiple ways. The concept of Protection provides security in your finances in multiple ways. After obtaining the Protect badge, you should:
- Be able to choose appropriate insurance for your needs.
- Identify how to build an emergency fund.
- Know how to shop around for insurance and other services to protect your assets.
- Protect your identity.
- Be able to avoid fraud and scams.
- Understand how to review your credit report.
- Understand the role of diversification in protecting against financial loss.
To get the Protect badge, you must participate in at least three Protection-focused learning activities, at least one of which is highly encouraged to be in person. Below is a list of online and in-person financial education opportunities that count towards the Protect badge.
|Credit Check Clinic
Identity Theft Protection Workshop
Secrets of Credit Reports Unveiled
|Is Your Financial Security at Risk? Quiz
Identity Theft iGrad Module