Learning about the core concept of earning is seemingly simple with many aspects of decision-making that can complicate your understanding of income. After obtaining the Earning badge, you should:
- Understand your paycheck.
- Know about potential benefits and taxes.
- Be able to invest in your future / Know the value of your degree.
- Understand the steps to start your own business.
- Define customers, product competition & profit in entrepreneurship.
- Recognize options for funding a small business.
- Understand regulatory processes for small business (e.g., taxes, registrations, etc.).
- Identify important considerations of negotiating employment compensation.
- Understand methods of preparing for a job interview (e.g., job searches, mock interviews, researching potential employers).
To get the Earning badge, you must participate in at least three Earning-focused learning activities, at least one of which is highly encouraged to be in person. Below is a list of online and in-person financial education opportunities that count towards the Earning badge.
|In-Person Events||Online Events|
|Financial Planning Clinic
Easy as 1 2 3… Filing Your Own Taxes
How to Talk to Clients About Money
Making the Most of Job Benefits
Steps Toward Financial Planning Workshop
Taxation of Waivers Overview
|How to Talk to Clients About Money Webinar
What’s Your Job Worth? Webinar
Your Paycheck iGrad Module
Full library of badge-eligible activities available here.