A concept familiar to most students is Borrowing. Students at the University of Illinois take out upwards of $27,000 in student loans, on average, to pay for their undergraduate degree. After obtaining the Borrowing badge, you should:
- Know how much you owe in student loans.
- Avoid high-cost borrowing.
- Analyze, plan, and understand how to shop around for loans or other credit-based products.
- Understand how information in your credit score affects borrowing.
- Plan and meet your payment obligations.
- Track your borrowing habits.
To get the Borrowing badge, you must participate in at least three Borrowing-focused learning activities, at least one of which is highly encouraged to be in person. Below is a list of online and in-person financial education opportunities that count towards the Borrowing badge.
|In-Person Events||Online Events|
|Money 4 Med School Workshop
Love Your Loans
Staying on Good Terms: Credit & Debt
|Staying on Good Terms: Credit & Debt Webinar
Debunking Credit Myths Webinar
Love Your Loan: Student Loan Repayment Webinar
iBudget iGrad Module
Student Loans iGrad Module
Credit Cards iGrad Module
Credit Reports iGrad Module